Therapy for Veterans and Spouses
I have a vested interest in the well being of all Veterans, Spouses of Veterans, and Active Duty Military. I served in the United States Army for over 10 years, and served in Operation Iraqi Freedom! Who better to understand your circumstances than a fellow Veteran, who is also the wife of a Veteran, and mother of an Active Duty Member?
- Combat and other military experiences (Military Sexual Trauma)
- Sexual or physical assault
- Learning about the violent or accidental death or injury of a loved one
- Child sexual or physical abuse
- Serious accidents, like a car wreck
- Natural disasters, like a fire, tornado, hurricane, flood, or earthquake
- Terrorist attacks
- Constantly reliving the Event/ Intrusive Thoughts
- Avoiding things that remind you of the events
- Negative Feelings Increasing (Numbness, Loss of Interest)
- Hypervigilance (Feeling on Edge)
Cognitive Processing Therapy A specific type of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with a structured 12-session psychotherapy approach for PTSD. CPT teaches you how to evaluate and change the upsetting thoughts you have had since your trauma.